Charnwood Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal
Publication of the Charnwood Local Plan (Core Strategy) Updated Sustainability Appraisal Report (August 2015) Consultation
14 September 2015
Consultation on the Updated Sustainability Appraisal Report has now finished and comments received have now been forwarded to the Inspector.
Comments received can be viewed by clicking here.
3 August 2015
The purpose of the Updated Report is to consolidate the sustainability appraisal documents produced during the examination of the Core Strategy and to update the Draft Charnwood Core Strategy: Sustainability Appraisal Report (March 2013). The documents consolidated are:
- Sustainability Appraisal Supplementary Report (October 2013)
- Charnwood Core Strategy Main Modifications Sustainability Appraisal Addendum (March 2015)
- Draft Charnwood Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal Report Executive Summary (2013)
- Additional Proposed Main Modification to the Charnwood Core Strategy: Sustainability Appraisal Addendum (July 2015)
As well as consolidating the above work into a single document, the Updated Sustainability Appraisal Report also updates background information, monitoring indicators and revisits the appraisal findings in the light of any new information.
The Sustainability Appraisal can be viewed by clicking here and the Non-technical Summary can be viewed by clicking here, or both can be inspected at Charnwood Borough Council offices and other venues (click here to find out where).
The consultation will run for 6 weeks from 3rd August 2015 to 14th September 2015, and any representations made on it will be forwarded to the Planning Inspector for consideration as part of the examination of the Charnwood Local Plan Core Strategy. Formal representations should be received by Charnwood Borough Council by no later than 5pm on the 14th September 2015 using the contact details below.
Any comments on the Sustainability Appraisal Report should be made in writing, with your name and address, to:
Core Strategy Examination
Planning and Regeneration
Charnwood Borough Council
Loughborough LE11 2TN
Please note that representations must be received by 5pm on the 14th September 2015.
Comments should only be made in relation to the Sustainability Appraisal Report. This consultation is not an opportunity to repeat or raise further representations about the Core Strategy or the initial Main Modifications or to seek further changes to them.
Please include your full name and address or your comments may not be accepted.
Consultation on the Sustainability Appraisal Supplementary Report ended on the 3rd March. The Sustainability Appraisal Supplementary Report clarifies:
1. How reasonable alternatives were identified as part of the 2012 Core Strategy Supplementary Consultation
2. The reasons for rejecting or selecting reasonable alternatives in the 2012 Core Strategy Supplementary Consultation
3. The implications of the revocation of the Regional Plan on reasonable alternatives for overall spatial strategy
This Supplementary Report does not present new work but explains some of the history of the appraisal process to comply with the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004.
The Council received 21 responses to the consultation and these have been forwarded to the inspector as part of the examination process into the Core Strategy. These responses are available to view by clicking here.
The Report can be viewed by clicking here.